About Bonnie Compton
- Child and Adolescent Therapist
- Play Therapist
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Mother of four adult children
- Proud Grandmother
I am a child and adolescent therapist who specializes in both parenting and behavioral issues. I received my pediatric nurse practitioner’s master degree and child and adolescent therapy master’s degree from University of Maryland. My role as a parent coach is distinct from my role as a therapist. As a therapist, I work with children and families in an office. My role as a therapist involves evaluating children for various emotional disorders and providing therapy to address their behavioral issues. As a parent coach, all appointments are conducted by phone. I partner with parents to help them create a joyful positive relationship with their child.
I’ve had many years of experience with children and families, and am a mother of four adult children. As a parent, I experienced frustration and confusion as I searched for answers in books. I realized that kids don’t come with instructions. Children differ and do benefit when parents tailor their behavioral techniques to fit their child’s unique personality and temperament. I individualize parenting techniques and plans to fit the parent and the individual child’s needs. By giving families a “toolbox” of customized behavioral techniques for their family, I empower both parents and children. As a parent coach, I find it very rewarding to partner with parents and their kids to cultivate the family and home life they desire.
As your parent coach, it is my intention to:
- Offer guidance to parents and caregivers as they raise their children.
- Empower parents to become more effective.
- Facilitate positive relationships between parents and children.
- Support parents in their parenting journey and inspire them to find joy in the relationship with their child.