What are the benefits of phone coaching?
One of the most important benefits of phone coaching is that it provides a focused conversation. Without visual distractions, we are able to really “hear” the conversation in a deeper way. It is often less threatening when sharing your concerns on the phone. Because you’re being heard and not seen, you may feel more comfortable discussing your problems. You are also able to take notes as we talk, increasing your ability to retain the coaching information.
In addition, phone coaching is:
- Easy to fit into your busy schedule
- No driving necessary
- No need to hire a babysitter
- Privacy insured
- Cost effective
How does phone coaching work?
During our phone conversation, I will listen to your concerns and help you identify desired outcomes for you and your child. I will guide you with questions and help you identify your parenting goals. I will then suggest specific techniques tailored to your meet your child’s needs. I will also support you in implementing your goals and achieving your desired outcomes.
What can I expect from you as my parenting coach?
As your parent coach, I will:
- Listen to your concerns and help you identify your parenting goals.
- Provide information about your child’s behavior related to their developmental stage and temperament.
- Assist you in learning to observe your child’s behavior and understand its meaning.
- Assist you in customizing a specific behavioral plan based on your child’s needs, and support you in following through with the plan.
- Empower you to become an effective parent.
- Encourage and support you to become the parent you want to be.
- Inspire you to enjoy your parenting journey with your child.
What are some types of issues that you can help us with?
- Effective parenting techniques
- Care of your newborn
- Understanding your newborn’s cry
- Getting your baby to sleep in their crib
- Helping your baby learn to fall asleep on their own
Assisting parents with normal childhood issues such as:
- Toilet training
- Temper tantrums
- Sibling rivalry
- Separation issues
- School issues
- Frustration and anger
- Adjustment to life’s issues (death, divorce, move, changing schools)
- Improving communication with your child
- Improving relationships (friends, family, teachers)
- Identifying specific behavioral techniques for your special needs child
- Improving your child’s self-esteem
Can grandparents benefit from your services?
Many grandparents are involved with either assisting in childcare, or actually parenting their own grandchild. Grandparents often try to use behavioral techniques that they utilized as a parent. Relying on behavioral strategies that were popular in the past may not be practical or effective.
How long is each session?
Most phone appointments are one hour. As your child’s behavior improves and you’re feeling more confident in your parenting role, you may choose to schedule 30-minute phone appointments. Established clients may schedule 15 minute appointments if they need a quick question answered.
How much does it cost?
The fee for an hour appointment is $125. Discounted packages may also be purchased.
How do I pay for scheduled appointments?
You can pay by cash, check or online.