With over 30 years of experience as a child and adolescent play therapist, I’ve treated both children and adolescents with behavioral and developmental disorders. I also provide therapy for families facing tough issues including divorce, death, social challenges, lifestyle changes, and school adjustments. My specialty lies in supporting parents to become more mindful and intentional in their relationship with their child(ren). As a therapist, I have witnessed the profound and lasting impact on the relationship between parents and children as parents begin to shift their focus from the child’s behavior to their own relationship with their child.
I work with parents and their children and teens in my office, at the Life Guidance Center in Charleston, SC.
Life Guidance Center
3030 Ashley Town Center Drive
Charleston, SC 29414
To schedule an appointment, please call 843-735-5900, ext. 105
The Parenting With Courage Sessions
4 Sessions To Reduce Overwhelm, Remove Triggers, Deepen Connection, & Create Meaningful Memories – For Life!
Are you frustrated, fed up, and/or freaking out about the current state of your relationship with your child(ren)?
Do you worry you’re screwing them up – or that you’re losing your mind?
Does every day feel like a battle to win or lose, every conversation a confrontation to overcome, and/or you’ve lost your ability to think, reason, and parent clearly?
You’re not alone. Parenting is the hardest job in the world. And considering you don’t get paid to do it – or get days off to recover – it’s no wonder you feel emotional, overwhelmed, or at your wits’ end.
It doesn’t have to be this way.
Hi, my name is Bonnie Compton. For the last 25 years, I’ve devoted my life and work to supporting parents, kids, and families to put down their swords of struggle, strain, frustration, and fear, and cultivate more compassion, courage, clarity, and confidence when it comes to loving, raising, and engaging your kid(s).
If you’re ready to STOP struggling with:
- Unhealthy or collapsed boundaries between you and your children
- Having to repeat yourself over and over again so that your kids will actually listen.
- How to more lovingly and compassionately communicate and relate with your kid(s)
The Parenting With Courage Sessions may be your solution.
During these 4 powerful one hour sessions (done via phone, skype, Zoom, or Facetime), I will help you:
- Get a clear understanding of your greatest challenges, areas of struggle, and concerns when it comes to parenting
- Deepen into your own experiences of how you were parented – and how your personal history may be clouding your ability to parent with courage
- Identify EXACTLY what’s driving you crazy about your kid(s) – and what to do about it
- Learn how to clear your emotional landmines so you can STOP feeling so triggered all the time
- Discover the common themes dominating your feelings, frustrations, and fears – and learn to diffuse them
- Explore healthy ways to deeply connect with your kid(s) and partner
- Learn how to create agenda-free time with your kid(s) so they feel loved, supported, nurtured, and understood
- Learn how to adopt a “No teach, no preach” approach to spending special time with your family
- Acknowledge your feelings
- Learn to deeply acknowledge your kid(s) for who they are
- Discover how to reconnect to your child(ren) without letting their “bad” behavior create a breakdown
- Learn to say yes more than you say no
- STOP putting yourself on back burner
- Cultivate connection with self and make time for self care
- Master transitions within your day to maximize quality time
- End the family wounding – for good!
You don’t have to spend years in therapy to profoundly and powerfully change the dynamics within your family. If you and/or your child(ren) are already in therapy, my work compliments the therapeutic process – while delivering extraordinary results in record time.
The most valuable investment you can make in yourself and your life is to cultivate the skills needed to parent with courage. This is your legacy. And it’s possible to love that legacy, starting today!
Bonnie Compton is Available to You
Bonnie Compton, founder of Parenting Partners, is available for interviews, speaking engagements, as well as individual and group coaching sessions by phone..